Powered By Blogger

Monday, 14 December 2009

a new perception

7th of December (16 Azar) is called national student day in Iran named for the day in 1953 when armed forces entered the main campus of Tehran University and killed three students protesting the government of Shah. This year a large mass of students protested and many got arrested. But among all of them, Majid Tavakoli caused a big movement in the whole society of Iranian all over the wordl. He is a student at Polytechnic (Amir Kabir) University in Tehran, who got arrested on his way out of Amir Kabir University after he gave a moving speech. the pro-regime pages published a photo of him dreesed up in a Chador veil and humiliated him for having a FEMALE outfit.
Shortly after, in a rapid response to this humiliation, in solidarity with Majid, and show that being a woman is not a shame, (and even furthur to show the hated notion of mandatory veil) hundreds of men around the world and in Iran have donned the hijab for his release.
I don't want to make a political point here, I am just super pleased with the rapid actions of all men who showed up in such a movement! I have to admit that after this event I feel differently for Iranian men. I feel so proud of them when seeing them in thousands of photos, appearing in the veil! After all these bloody and depressing news, this one was very promising to me!
A similar video is accessible here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgN1rbXjLc
Facebook page is here:
http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=198929939029&ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment